YMCA of Monroe County Inc.
YMCA of the USA
Wilson-Gray Youth and Family Center
Lead youth, adult, and family programs in Perry County Indiana. Work with the CEO, Program Director, Sports Coordinator, staff and volunteers to manage existing and implement new programs. Build community support and seek out partnership opportunities.
1. Minimum age of 18.
2. College degree or equivalent work expirience
3. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff, CPR, First Aid, & AED.
4. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives (see detailed list below).
2. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
3. Monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
4. Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
5. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all program participants and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
6. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.