Be a part of someting great! Join our Cause and discover a career that's more than a job!
Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President, the Director of Marketing & Development is responsible for developing, implementing and achieving the association’s advancement, marketing, communication, and development goals.
This position fills a vital role for the Raritan Bay Area YMCA. The effectiveness of this person shall be determined by the extent to which the following goals are met:
- Recognition of the YMCA as an important and leading community service organization increases.
- Mission advancement and fund development goals are achieved through increased community support. Development of an ever-increasing base of donors, volunteers and participants.
- The YMCA is recognized by a consistent image of high quality programs, positive values, inclusiveness and meeting important community needs that strengthen relationships, promote healthy lifestyles and teach positive values to youth.
- Participation in YMCA membership, programs and volunteerism increases.
- The volunteer workforce is well trained and able to articulate the value and mission of the YMCA in the community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to embrace and commit to the mission, vision and values of the YMCA.
- Align outgoing communications with a consistent message in order to enhance understanding of our work
- Demonstrated ability to establish and cultivate positive relationships with all internal and external constituency groups, including donors, volunteers, staff, members and the media.
- Demonstrated ability to engage staff and volunteer teams to accomplish the implementation of comprehensive fund development, marketing and communication plan.
- Demonstrated success in preparing & executing an annual PR/Marketing plan.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement project timelines.
- Excellent writing skills so that association goals are communicated to constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and manage volunteers
- Ability to conduct donor centered involvement activities leading to increased contributed support to the YMCA.
- Experience designing and implementing event based development projects. i.e. Walks, Bikes, Golf Outings, Dinners, etc
- Increase the Y’s visibility to external audiences and reach new and diverse audiences and effectively communicate the Y’s message in order to grow its influence.
- Knowledge of the various constituencies that comprise the YMCA’s public, ie community leaders, donors, prospects. This position is heavily weighted on the human relations in order to pursue the goals and objectives of the association.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and manage an annual budget.
- Monitor marketing trends and content relevant to the Y’s mission, and translate information into compelling, actionable, and effective strategies.
- A professional personal image and the ability to work harmoniously with staff, board, members and the business community are imperative.
- Ability to observe confidentiality.
- Familiarity with fundraising Software such as Raiser’s Edge, Tatango, or similar.
- Able to complete professional translation on all written materials and social media.
- Experience in securing funding from private philanthropic sources and to grow community engagement and awareness.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and able to collaborate across all levels.
- Drive the identification of new donors as well as build strong relationships to bring them on board as regular, new funders.