YMCA MSO is an exciting new venture sponsored by founding Ys in Arizona, Colorado, and Oregon, with financial support from Y-USA, that is operating as a fully independent nonprofit entity. The YMCA MSO is focused on providing outsourced administrative services to Y associations across the US including finance, human resources, marketing, information technology, risk management, customer transactions, and facilities management.
There is already a strong customer pipeline ready to go, and the first four service areas (customer transactions, information technology, human resources and risk management) are actively serving and/or onboarding new customers. The plan is to start onboarding customers for finance in September 2021. This is a great opportunity to participate in the leadership of starting an entity from scratch while maintaining the connection to the Y mission and movement. The entire organization will be working remote.
- Serve as a strategic partner to YMCA MSO customers as an expert in finance, by reviewing and monitoring monthly and annual financial operations, preparing analysis and reports and giving guidance to executive leaders.
- Handle nonprofit focused financial and accounting activities for the MSO and its customers. g. Form 990, UBIT, restricted asset accounting, endowments, nonprofit taxes, etc.
- Construct best practices around internal control systems and provide strategic guidance for implementation by MSO customers. Oversee internal audits to check for compliance with best practice policies, procedures and standards.
- Create and implement short- and long-term departmental goals, objectives and ensure that department structure and staff effectively accomplish these goals and oversee and certify annual audits. Ensure current accounting standards and legal requirements are met. Oversee and review preparation of reports to founders, governmental agencies and all required external entities.
- Manage endowments and investments, with the support of MSO customer’s finance and/or foundation committees, and within the risk tolerance expressed by the MSO customer via the asset allocation policy.
- Develop reliable operating pro-formas, financial modeling and analysis to identify opportunities and risks associated with projects, ventures and programs.
- In conjunction with the VP of HR & Risk, define and implement a best-in-class payroll service for MSO customers, maintaining compliance with local, state and federal employment laws and payroll taxes. Handle all payroll and withholding functions for MSO staff as well.
- Develop performance indicators and measurement systems for tracking strategic plan objectives. Evaluate current business models and provide clear recommendations to modify or redesign business models where necessary.
- Oversee the development of the MSO’s annual operating budget, including all department budgets. Work closely with MSO staff to ensure the budgets are well-planned, realistic and prepared in a timely manner. Maintain all necessary records and accounting reports for the MSO.
- Lead a team of professionals that perform finance and accounting duties for customer associations.
- Serve as a resource for the development of budgets by MSO customers.
- Ensure record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies and is completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and/or maintain working relationships with auditors, bankers, investment counselors, volunteer board members, attorneys and other professional advisors.
*This is not an exhaustive list of job duties. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned.