West Suburban YMCA
YMCA of Lincoln Nebraska
Coney Island YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Properties Director helps foster a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while also overseeing the maintenance and improvement of YMCA facilities and vehicles.
● High School Diploma
● One or more years of experience in facility management or closely related field.
● CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required within 30 days of hire.
● Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, construction equipment and other maintenance-related areas.
● Basic maintenance of cleaning, painting and chemical storage is required.
● “POOL” certifications required within 120 days of employment. (YMCA Paid)
● Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards.
● Ordering and tracking of supplies for each branch.
● Familiarity with IT networks, personal computers, smart devices and proficient in online SAAS.
● Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations at any time.
● HVAC knowledge preferred.
● Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
1. Provides overall facility maintenance and preventative maintenance.
2. Ensures that assigned vehicles and other equipment are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA.
3. Anticipates risk, implications, and possible outcomes before taking action.
4. Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner.
5. Works with other directors and outside agencies such as fire, health, building depts., etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds.
6. Performs routine inspections of facilities and vehicles.
7. Monitors expenses, budgets, cost allocations, purchase orders and invoice tracking.
8. Must have high standards of excellence on functionality and aesthetics of work quality.