YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth
Wendell P. Clark Memorial YMCA
South Sound YMCA
Under the direction of the Program Director, and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Child Care Director is responsible for overseeing the programs and services in our Child Care Area, including Before and After School, Teen After School, and Summer Camp.
1. Manages the child care program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of, and participation in, the program; securing, scheduling, and maintaining the needed facilities; creating and scheduling the activities or events; and maintaining program records or files.
2. Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed.
3. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
4. Assures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate; ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
5. Reviews program plans and records to ensure consistency with evidence-based best practices, including learning centers, display props, accessories, and materials that invite children’s involvement. Daily lesson plans should be completed.
6. Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, decoration, and learning environment of the program areas, while ensuring that the area is clean and hazard-free.
7. Maintains a consistent schedule that does not sacrifice flexibility when needed, and routines that enable children to predict events and develop a basic sense of trust.
8. Recruits and hires staff; onboards and develops them for success. Maintains staff schedules and evaluates staff performance. Provides supervision for all staff in the child care department.
9. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions; develops and maintains collaborative relationships with staff, parents and caregivers, and community organizations (e.g., DSS/VDOE, school administration) to maximize program impact and drive overall outcomes; maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility. Supervision of the enrolled children without “hands-on” interaction is not acceptable.
10. Is familiar with and follows all standards for licensed child day centers, as set forth by the Virginia Department of Social Services/Virginia Department of Education.
11. Provides and maintains a parent information board and/or produces newsletters to be sent home regularly.
12. Maintains daily attendance records and ensures that children are placed on the appropriate bus for transportation to school.
13. Maintains classroom discipline. The Child Care Director, using positive behavior techniques, shall carry out discipline only in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
14. Is familiar with and follows all evacuation and emergency procedures, and conducts drills at regular, required intervals.
15. Incorporates the five core values: caring, faith, honesty, respect, and responsibility into all aspects of the program and daily activities.
16. Organizes or participates in Y activities, such as committees, special events, and fundraising.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
CPR/First Aid/AED within 30 days
Medication Administration Training within 30 days