Greater Green Bay YMCA Inc.
YMCA of Westport/Weston CT Inc.
YMCA of Greater Des Moines Iowa
Serves as a member of the President/CEO’s senior leadership team, providing strategic leadership in financial development to advance the YMCA’s mission and values through annual giving, government and foundation grants, endowment bequests and gifts and capital campaigns. Assists the President/CEO in developing an actively engaged fundraising volunteer board of directors, and in positioning the YMCA as a “charity of choice” for the investment of donations within the local community. This dynamic professional will help lead a culture of philanthropy.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Eight or more years of professional experience with a background in fundraising in the YMCA or another not-for profit preferred.
3. Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
4. Working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles.
5. Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential donors to understand the YMCA and how they contribute to the achievement of its mission.
6. Knowledge of the media and its use in gaining exposure for YMCA events and programs.
7. Foundation and government grant writing expertise.
8. CFRE or equivalent preferred.
9. YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
11. Possess understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers and staff.
12. Experience with donor tracking preferred.
13. Ability to use typical business software and office equipment.
14. English/Spanish bilingual preferred.
15. Must possess the demeanor to work effectively with all levels of staff
16. Must be able to maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times
17. Must possess excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and problem solve
18. As a YMCA Business Driver, the employee must possess a valid/current CA Driver’s License or other valid state driver’s license and must provide to the Y proof of minimum CA vehicle insurance coverage upon request & must also maintain an approved/acceptable driving record to continue as a Y Business Driver. An annual MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) will be conducted by the Y. Employees who are YMCA Business Drivers who do not maintain an acceptable driving record may be prohibited from being a Business Driver which could affect employment status.
19. Must submit to and comply with all requirements for employment including, but not limited to, a criminal background check, drug/alcohol testing, health screening, TB test.
1. In conjunction with the President/CEO, will help direct and coordinate association annual fundraising campaign, capital development and strategic planning.
2. Initiates the development of relationships with supporters to impact and strengthen the community.
3. Will advance fundraising efforts through development of innovative approaches to donor identification, cultivation, contact relationship management, and solicitation of major gift prospects.
4. Endowment outreach/recruitment/cultivation and recognition events.
5. Develops systems and manages resources needed to carry out fundraising plans and events.
6. Coordinates and manages annual giving strategies and events, including the YMCA Kids Now Support Campaign ($500,000+ annual goal), Champions of Philanthropy Gala, Charity Golf Classic, Alden Esping Putting Classic, Good Friday/Community Breakfast, and other fundraising events.
7. Research, prepare and coordinate proposals for grants from government sources and private foundations.
8. Serves as primary staff to the Fundraising Committee and other assigned committees of the Board of Directors and the Camp Endowment committee. Develops strategies to increase volunteer involvement at all levels of financial development.
9. Maintains database resource file on top community leaders, donor prospects, alumni.
10. Tracks and records gifts, pledges by source and purpose; tracks and records grants and foundation donations and provides reports as needed.
11. Manages DonorPerfect donor contact relationship management software.
12. Develops systems and manages resources needed to carry out fundraising plans.
13. Establishes and monitors the financial development department budget for the YMCA.
14. Develops appropriate fundraising policies and procedures for the association.
15. Develops, implements and manages donor outreach, recognition, stewardship strategies, donor engagement and communication efforts including meetings, mailings, reports and events.
16. Implement “donor-centric” communication that invites all current and prospective donors to make life-changing impact through giving.
17. Provides training in fundraising. Educates, motivates and provides feedback to individuals related to best practices in the fundraising process.
18. Will lead community advocacy and partner relationships to advance the Y’s cause.
19. Oversee healthy advocacy efforts in collaboration with funding partners, city council, business leaders and other partners.
20. Develops communication plans to ensure members, participants, and the community understand the case for support.
21. May plan and direct marketing and communication pieces; may plan and oversee association meetings, annual events, annual reports, newsletters, brochures and reports.
22. Work closely with other departments/employees promoting the attributes of being philanthropic.
23. Represents the association as required by the President/CEO.
Mission Advancement: Incorporates the Y’s mission and values into the organization’s vision and strategies. Ensures community engagement; promotes the global nature of the Y. Leads a culture of volunteerism ensuring engagement, inclusion, and ownership. Leads a culture of philanthropy.
Collaboration: Advocates for and institutionalizes inclusion and diversity throughout the organization. Initiates the development of relationships with influential leaders to impact and strengthen the community. Is recognized as an inspirational community leader who navigates complex political and social circles with ease. Communicates to engage and inspire people within and outside the YMCA. Ensures that a talent management system is in place and executed effectively.
Operational Effectiveness: Possesses penetrating insight and strong strategic and critical thinking skills. Invests resources in well-designed innovation initiatives. Creates a structure to deliver organization-wide results to achieve objectives. Develops and implements stewardship strategies. Determines benchmarks and ensures appropriate leadership to meet objectives.
Personal Growth: Creates a learning organization. Effectively drives change by leveraging resources and creating alignment to expand organizational opportunities. Shares authority and demonstrates courage andhumility. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.