Greater Somerset County YMCA (GSCY) is a local nonprofit committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. At GSCY, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in and across communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships and resources necessary to learn, grow and thrive. To learn more about GSCY, visit our website: http://gscymca.org
Greater Somerset County YMCA is seeking an Associate Branch Executive Director at our Somerset Hills YMCA location in Basking Ridge, NJ to lead, promote, develop, and oversee all activities associated with Membership, Aquatics, Sports, Dance, Arts & Humanities and Teen programming to include coaching, mentoring and managing Program Directors and Operations Team. The Associate Branch Executive Director will also lead and support various aspects of membership and program development for the branch including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff.
- Supports all childcare and youth development programing in partnership with the Branch Executive Director.
- Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and on-going training of staff.
- Develops and directs high quality member focused strategies using innovative program development, evaluations and on-going training of staff that support branch and Association goals and strategies.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops and directs employees and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Develops, manages, and monitors assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets. Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
- Supports onsite social responsibility initiatives based on community needs.
- Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote membership and program growth in harmony with overall YMCA objectives.
- Implement strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Create a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
- Promote program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members.
- Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and online registration.
- Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to branch Program Directors and lead staff on related issues.
- Supports management of daily deposits, review daily cash reconciliation, follow-up on collections of returned drafts/returned checks and audit petty cash.
- Ensure proper implementation of front desk procedures. Review and update desk procedures and communicates changes to staff.
- Coordinates with the finance office as necessary on financial transactions.
- Organize membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA
- Provide oversight for Financial Assistance including but not limited to: intake of applications, committee meetings, as well as administrative tracking of application approval and denials.
- Develops, plans and implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals.
Greater Somerset County YMCA offers the following employee benefits for our full-time employees:
- Competitive salaries
- Reduced program fees / school-aged child care
- Access to one of the leading retirement programs "Y Retirement Fund" with a 12% company contribution to fund after eligibility period.
- Paid time off
- Community volunteering opportunities
- Subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% contribution towards life insurance and long term disability
- Optional life insurance and dependent life insurance available at low rates
- Complimentary Family Membership with access to five association locations and to over 2,500 YMCA locations nationwide
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.