Under the direction of the Senior Director of Extended Learning and the Operations Executive, the Teen Program Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of youth recruitment, outreach and programming, and the communication of necessary information to parents, members, schools and volunteers for the ACHIEVER’s, Boys and Young Men of Color Programs. The Teen Program Director will oversee programs and Special Events for Teens. The Teen Program Director must see that established policies are carried out and ensure that program activities are conducted in a professional and safe manner.
- Four-year degree, with at least two years of related experience
- Practical knowledge of youth programming
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 60 days of hire
- Must exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA
- The incumbent must have the ability to relate to a diverse group of people that come from a wide socio-economic background in the community
- Solid organizational and time management acumen
- Position requires practical data entry and customer service skills
- Seek out and involve others using creativity, initiative, flexibility, energy, eagerness and genuine concern for today’s youth
- Actively values diversity and lives YMCA values: caring, honesty responsibility and respect
- Willing to make a difference and develop relationships
- Other duties assigned
- High level of knowledge and demonstrated competence in the areas of teens programming.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
No directly reporting staff at this time, but that will change as the program evolves. Incumbent will be responsible for working with volunteers, including Adult ACHIEVER’s from area businesses.