The YMCA of Greater Dayton is in Search of a diverse and outgoing Child Care Director.
Develops, organizes and implements high-quality YMCA Child Care programs in the Dayton, Ohio and surrounding area locations. There are childcare positions open in both early learning and school-age care.
The YMCA of Greater Dayton is a $59 million Association consisting of 14 branches, 8 child care centers, and 46 before/after school care sites. The Association seeks a Child Care Director to oversee the West Carrollton, Ohio Child Care centers.
Benefits: The YMCA of Greater Dayton offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Group Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, 12% Y Employer Contribution to Y Retirement, and more.
Education and Certifications
- A 2-year college degree in Early Childhood Education or related field required; plan for completion of 4-year college degree required; 4-year college degree strongly preferred.
- Per ODJFS requirements, if college degree is not in Early Childhood Education, 12 college credit hours must be in education field. College transcripts must be provided.
- If college degree is not in Early Childhood Education, must be able to obtain a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) within 1 year of hire or equivalent as determined by the YMCA Childcare Branch.
- CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen required within first 60 days of employment and kept current.
- Per OFDJS requirements, must have 2 years experience in child care or education field.
- Must have 2 years experience in child care program area systems, procedures, and guidelines.
- One year minimum of supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- Budget development and administration skills preferred. Planning and program development skills helpful.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable driver’s record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors and suppliers, etc.
- Computer skills needed, particularly with Microsoft Office and email applications, along with ability to learn the internal YMCA software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time, to talk and hear, to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, to climb or balance, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, occasional bending or squatting. The incumbent is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Also required is frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the telephone. More than 90% of time is spent indoors. The condition of the air is normal/average air conditioned/ventilated. The noise level is normal to loud within an active YMCA program environment.