YMCA of Madison NJ Inc.
YMCA of Snohomish County
Ann Arbor YMCA
As an administrator qualified by DE State Child Care Licensing (OCCL/DOE), with 4+ years of program management experience, an extensive background in the education of children, knowledge of childcare licensing, supervision of staff and discipline.
We offer a robust benefit package including free household membership & a 12% employer match 403B for your retirement fund.
Under the guidance of the Senior Executive Director, the Senior Child Development Director manages the day-to-day operations and administration of youth and childcare programs, including Camp Cassey summer day camp program, Youth Sports, Before & After School enrichment program, Teen Programming and Family Events. The incumbent is responsible for recruiting, training and directly supporting a team of full and part time staff.
Program Development and Growth
• Responsible for the overall planning, promotion and day to day operations of Bear-Glasgow’s Day Camp, BASE, Youth Sports and Teen Programs. Oversees the coordination of special events and activities associated with these programs.
• Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote programs and create opportunities for growth for the YMCA.
• Responsible for oversight of childcare/camp programs to ensure compliance with YMCA, ACA and/or state of Delaware licensing/STARS/Purchase of Care (POC) to ensure that program standards are met and curriculum, ratios and safety procedures are followed.
• Manages the preparation and production of the Branch Camp Guide, and all other child care marketing tools for the Branch to increase enrollment.
• Provides leadership for branch family events as needed.
• Participates on the social media team and assists in posting on our social media outlets about YMCA Child Care and Youth programs and services.
• Ensures all financial processes are being followed and child care transactions are delivered in an accurate manner consistent with current financial procedures. This includes POC, scholarship and all other child care/youth program tuition.
• Develops and manages budgets for all child care program areas to ensure programs are meeting or exceeding financial goals. Manages and implements the approved budget and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
• Hires, trains, schedules and supervises exempt staff, in addition to, indirectly overseeing all part-time and substitute staff associated with child care programming.
• Develops, coaches, schedules and directs personnel, substitutes volunteers as needed. Holds staff accountable for performing their job duties at the highest possible level, in all areas of supervision.
• Manages staff schedule to fulfill department objectives and maintain high customer satisfaction while keeping within the budgeted guidelines.
• Maintains consistent communication with Senior Executive Director, and VP of Youth Development, concerning staffing issues, participant concerns and other pertinent information.
Fundraising & Volunteer Development and Management
• Attends monthly board meetings.
• Responsible for leadership around and assisting the Senior Executive Director in planning and organizing the Annual Campaign and other financial development activities; volunteer recruitment and training, and branch leadership for all aspects of the annual campaign: staff and member teams divisions.
• Works with and supports board volunteers to help promote and strengthen branch fundraising events and efforts.
Must be administrator qualified by DE State or another state Child Care Licensing (OCCL/DOE), or able to obtain Administration credential/qualification within 60 days.