YMCA of Greater New Orleans
YMCA of Greater Dayton
Berkeley Heights YMCA
The West Suburban YMCA is looking for our next Preschool & Family Services Director! Are you passionate about working with young children and helping them achieve their maximum potential? Do you want to join a team of motivated teachers and play a critical role in nurturing children and preparing them to become lifelong learners? Are you compassionate & collaborative? Apply today!
The Preschool & Family Services Director administers the policies and programs of the Association in the areas of child care and youth development for ages 3 months – 18 years. This individual would have their EEC Director II certificate and be the administrator for our preschool & after-school programs.
*Bonus is through both the WSY and through Newton Hires initiative, if criteria is met.
1. Bachelor's degree in early childhood education or equivalent discipline.
2. EEC Director II Certification mandatory.
3. At least three years related experience preferred, specifically managing an EEC Licensed program. Able to demonstrate growth of programs under your supervision.
4. Minimum age requirements of 21.
5. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of: CPR and First Aid (Pediatric and Adult).
6. Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards and completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
8. Has demonstrated innovation into the curriculum of past experience for program involved in to be relevant and competitive to programs it the area.
9. Implementation of QRIS system preferred.
9. Currently holds or is working towards Y USA Team Leader Certification.
10. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite, and experience in learning/using other office systems (financial, member management, scheduling app, etc.)
1. Manages, directs and coordinates the pre-school and school-age child care programs, which includes Out-of-school time and Kids’ Corner programs. Ensures high-quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
2. Directly supervise Lead Teachers in Preschool, OST Director, Child Watch Coordinator and Van Drivers. Oversee management of the Kids' Corner, Preschool, Out-of-School Elementary & Middle School programs and Teen programs when appropriate.
3. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
4. Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality.
5. Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed. Responsible for maintaining compliance with EEC licensing regulations and preparing for licensing renewal visits or maintaining license-exempt statuses.
6. Assures compliance with all YMCA and Y-USA regulations including HEPA Standards.
7. Hires, trains, and supervises staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
8. Coordinate transportation across the department and supervise school bus drivers accordingly.
9. Hold a current or acquire a 7-D license within first 3 months of hire.
10. Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
11. Responsible for all staff to be up to date with certifications and required trainings. Conducts monthly educational staff meetings to review pertinent topics, including child sexual abuse prevention, youth mental health, first aid training, child development, risk management and emergency procedures.
12. Assists as needed in the Praesidium assessment and implementation of Child Sexual Abuse Prevention within the WSYMCA.
13. Ensures high-quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
14. Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration,
15. parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
16. Provides staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign and committees as assigned.
17. Maintains proper records/department files.
18. Actively build and maintain positive relationships with families, members and guests. Organizes special events for families (Family Nights). Assists in YMCA fundraising activities.
19. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information to maximize enrollment.
20. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
21. Provides reports to committees, Board of Directors, Vice Presidents, COO and the President/ CEO.
22. Coordinate and/or participate in special events and activities to enhance the member experience and volunteer opportunities.
23. Ensure that proper training and growth opportunities are available to all staff and meet the requirements of the YMCA Leadership Competency Development Guide.
24. Ensure that all departments and programs under your supervision meet the highest standards of program and member service quality and safety.
25. Some of your departments operate seven-day/week and will require a flexible schedule to maintain consistency and delivery of programs and services. Please prepare to observe your department at all hours of operation on a regular basis.
26. Implements and oversees a program evaluation system to guarantee faithfulness to the Y’s cause, and a high-quality commitment to YMCA standards and successful financial outcomes.
27. Conduct inventory and order all operating supplies for the department.
28. Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information.
29. Arriving each day with a positive outlook and a great sense of humor.
29. Possess willingness to accept duties other than those assigned.
EEC Director II certificate