The Senior Mission Advancement Director builds philanthropic endeavors and marketing strategies to enhance the Y's impact and cause.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Senior Mission AdvancementDirector builds the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact by developing and executing a marketing and public relations strategic plan and sustaining a strong relationship with the media. Oversees and manages all fundraising efforts for the financial development of the organization. Prepares and submits grant proposals to public and private sources in order to support and achieve YMCAphilanthropic endeavors.
- Ensures philanthropy and fund development campaigns are carried out in alignment with the Y’s values, vision, and plan.
- Leads the implementation of the Annual Campaign fundraising efforts and responsible for success of annual campaign plan and financial goals.
- Researches, writes, edits, and manages grant proposals according to operating needs, budget needs and goals.
- Develops effective working relationships with service groups, stakeholders, community organizations and companies. Makes presentations about the YMCA.
- Develops planned giving program.
- Develops a plan to advance the Y brand identity; broadens awareness of programs and priorities, increases the visibility of its purpose, and grows charitable, membership, and program revenue.
- Analyzes the organization’s performance metrics and trends and develops strategies based on key performance indicators for implementation by the department and organization.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement and develops staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Develops and manages the department budget including annual marketing and communications budget, and financial development budget.
Marketing, PR, Communications
- Oversees the development of innovative marketing and public relations strategies, including both traditional and digital to cultivate and enhance relationships with the organization’s key audiences which include donors, media key stakeholders, community leaders, and partners, and the general public.
- Designs proactive media, PR, and leadership strategies to stimulate media interest, build brand awareness, and convey key messages.
- Ensures the implementation of integrated marketing and communications plan to advance Y’s brand identity, increase the visibility of its programs and build a strong public voice.
- Leads, supervises and directs the Marketing and Communications staff to create a marketing plan that advances the Y Brand and aligns with the Strategic Plan and operational initiatives of the organization.
- Monitors the achievement of this plan, taking appropriate action to ensure that the goals and objectives are met.
- Works closely with all directors to implement marketing initiatives that assist operations in meeting goals.
- Present timely, cohesive, and persuasive rationales for campaign approaches.
- Create, implement, and maintain a schedule of communication initiatives in alignment with the organization's strategy, goals, and events.
- Increase the recognition of the YMCA’s charitable mission and fundraising campaigns through creation of marketing collateral and communication pieces.
- Develop relationships and manage a wide range of media contacts. Serves as the YMCA media buyer for all paid media advertising.
- Serve as lead editor and writer of all communications.
- Conduct research and analyze data for all external communication documents.
- Receive and coordinate responses to incoming media inquiries and route them as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget including the annual marketing and
- communications budget.
- Remain current on Y branding guidelines, communication, and social media trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Developing Self and Others
- Communication and Influence