Live and work in the mountains while working for the largest camp/conference center in the world! Room and board packages available.
When you work at YMCA of the Rockies, you become part of something bigger than yourself. You become a key player in helping cultivate an environment of healthy living, youth development, and community impact. As an employee at YMCA of the Rockies, you will meet all walks of life and live each day with a greater sense of purpose. You’ll learn to lead with heart and measure success by the impactful moments you’re able to create for guests, community members, and fellow staff. This is a place where nature inspires and quality time happens naturally. Our serene surroundings of Rocky Mountain National Park provide moments of tranquility throughout our days and remind us how lucky we are to grow our careers in such a beautiful and supportive workplace.
The Food Service Worker is responsible for providing guests with a positive dining experience. Employees rotate daily through a variety of specific duties like assisting with meal preparation, operating commercial foodservice equipment, keeping service lines clean, cleaning dining tables, washing dishes, and more.
- Uphold YMCA of the Rockies' commitment to being an anti-racist organization and work to ensure our programs, facilities, staff and guests are welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and equitable for all.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward guests and staff
- Maintain sanitary work and dining areas, which exceed state health standards
- Operate commercial foodservice equipment (i.e. dishwasher, slicer, and mixer)
- Assist with meal preparation.
- Keep service lines clean and fully stocked with food and supplies (plates, cups, etc.)
- Clean dining tables
- Wash dishes
- Vacuum carpets, sweep and mop floors
- Clean bathrooms
- Able to stand for eight hours on concrete floors
- Lift 35 pounds up to 36" off the ground
- Able to understand instructions in English