Join a growing association with excellent facilities, membership base and community impact!
GENERAL FUNCTION: Under the guidance of the Branch Director, the Senior Branch Director II. will oversee the development of staff, programs, finances and daily operations of several departments to include; Membership, Fitness, and Youth & Family. The Senior Program Director acts as a liaison to committee(s) and advisory board(s) as directed and play an active leadership role in the Association's Strong Community Campaign. It is anticipated an average workweek will consist of 50 hours to complete duties.
- Responsible for effectively communicating the mission, vision and values of the Wichita YMCA.
- Playing a strong leadership role in the Strong Community Campaign.
- Fostering positive relationships with staff, members and volunteers.
- Hiring and training program directors and staff in areas of responsibility.
- Providing ongoing leadership, professional guidance and development to staff.
- Assisting direct reports on the development of program/instructional staff.
- Supporting and guiding branch staff in the development and management of department budgets.
- Ensuring high-quality programs through innovative program development, audits and evaluation.
- Providing direction on overall participation growth in all departments.
- Guiding and direct department staff on providing a safe and clean program environment/area.
- Communicating regularly and effectively with staff (department meetings, one-on-one monthly meetings with direct reports, etc.).
- Maintaining complete familiarity of all risk management procedures and policies for department areas and the overall branch.
- Providing coverage and leadership for branch at a variety of times (evenings and weekends).
- All other duties assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT: Ensuring growth in current programs and development of new and innovative programs. High program and member retention rate. Positive written and oral comments from program participants and members regarding good experience in the programs and about the staff. Branch Net Promoter score of 60%. High-performing, well-managed staff, resulting in increased employee retention.
- Minimum age of 24
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5 years experience in Youth Program development and management
- 5 years experience and proven success hiring, managing, training & developing staff
- 5 years experience of proven development and management of budget
- Commitment to the YMCA mission, vision and values
- Must attend New Employee Orientation within 30 days of hire
- Complete CPR/AED, First Aid, O2, and Listen First Workshop in accordance with Conditions of Employment
- Possess a clear and complete understanding of exercise science principles, and the ability to apply those principles in a practical wellness atmosphere
- Learn all emergency procedures and action plans for the branch
- Understand and abide by all policies and procedures as set forth by the association
- Work a schedule that reflects the needs of the branch; including evenings and weekends
- Must be able to routinely perform the following physical activities; climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for extended periods of time, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity to perform detailed tasks
- Must have ability to lead and delegate to others and communicate effectively; both orally and in writing
- Must possess problem-solving, organizational and task management skills; ability to make independent and sound decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be detail-oriented and exhibit a high degree of accuracy and alertness
- Must demonstrate initiative in absence of supervision
- Must be able to relate to and work with diverse groups of people in a friendly and consistent manner
- Must work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently and lead by assigned goals, duties and deadlines
- Must possess ability to exercise high levels of discretion and confidentiality
- Must present a neat and professional appearance at all times