This role is a wonderful opportunity for the right individual to achieve both impressive success and personal satisfaction.
Reporting to the EVP & Chief Mission Advancement Officer (EVP), the SVP will be charged with organizing, managing, executing, and fundraising for capital campaign projects throughout the association, including specific branches and camping services. The SVP will be motivated, dynamic, and effective in fundraising and in establishing and strengthening partnerships and collaborations, both externally and internally. The SVP will both fundraise and have primary responsibility for the daily driving of the process that will direct the branch executives and volunteer and staff leaders to activities that ensure capital campaign goals are met or exceeded.
- Partner closely with board of director members, branch executive directors, board of manager members, and other key volunteer and staff leaders to develop and implement project-specific plans to achieve capital campaign goals including the following responsibilities for each campaign:
- Create the campaign plan, clearly identifying and monitoring strategies, and assuring that the campaign remains on schedule and achieves the minimum financial goals
- Facilitate the identification, recruitment, guidance, training and staffing of campaign chairs, honorary chairs, and other campaign volunteers
- Facilitate scheduling, meeting preparation, and meeting execution for any/all campaign committees
- Develop and finalize the case for support, campaign name and theme, all related campaign collateral materials, and other campaign communication pieces, including presentation decks, FAQ documents, proposal templates and more; work closely with the project team to incorporate architectural renderings and project cost details
- Organize and engage in early cultivation and solicitation events and one on one meetings with key stakeholders
- Develop and manage prospective donor tracking lists, matrices, and pipeline reports with request targets and strategies
- Develop strategic cultivation and solicitation plans and personalized proposals
- Facilitate the development of a comprehensive donor recognition plan, and guide the preparation of naming and other recognition opportunities
- Work collaboratively with the development team and related administrative staff members to ensure continued strength in annual and branch fundraising revenue during the campaign
- Conduct prospect research and complete research profiles of key prospective donors
- Establish and cultivate partnership relationships in alignment with funders and collaborators in order to secure individual, corporate, foundation, and other institutional contributions
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with organizations, municipalities, and other entities who share an alignment with the YMCA mission
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven track record of developing and completing capital campaigns, closing charitable contributions, meeting and exceeding revenue goals, and measuring outcomes
- Strong strategic planning, organizational, and implementation skills
- Demonstrated results in securing, activating, and managing sponsorship, donor, cause marketing, or other corporate partner relationships
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills, including the ability to tell compelling stories and deliver persuasive presentations
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and prospects, building respect, consensus and trust
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and writing), including the ability to make presentations; comfortable articulating ideas and concepts to others; ability to respond to questions and comments quickly.
- Successfully lead and manage projects from inception to conclusion.
- Familiarity with the principles of a capital campaign and philanthropy.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the mission of the YMCA.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Complete multiple capital campaigns through sound strategic planning, excellent staff and volunteer management, and increased contributed capital revenue
- Position the YMCA as a strong, positive, community presence through increased visibility and understanding of mission and cause among members, volunteers, donors, and community partners
- Provide a high level of support and management to executive directors, senior staff and volunteers
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.