YMCA of Grant County
Shades Valley Family Branch
Lake Nona YMCA Family Center
Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director Programs and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Senior Program Director Youth Development is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Afterschool Programs, Camp, Y Kids, Safe Sitter, Preschool, Inclusion, branch transportation. He/she must clearly understand and consistently disseminate association and branch policies and procedures. This position serves as a part of the Branch Leadership Team that is responsible for the overall goals of the branch.
· Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
· Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
· Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
· Must be able to lift and carry food and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
· Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
· Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
· Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
· Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
· Provide positive leadership to all staff who report directly or indirectly to the position.
· Effectively manage, understand and consistently disseminate association and branch policies/procedures to all team members.
· Effectively recruit, hire, train, counsel and develop all team members within assigned areas of responsibility.
· Provide Manager on Duty coverage and participate in special events for branch initiatives.
· Develop and manage the annual budget for assigned areas within approved budget parameters.
· Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of Afterschool, Day Camp, Kid’s HQ, Teen Center, and Safe Sitter.
· Foster appropriate relationships with kindred organizations, community leaders and appropriate community groups and other YMCA leaders in order to properly represent the YMCA and its mission as well as coordinate programming opportunities.
· Manage the staff and volunteer development process for assigned program areas.
· Responsible for the marketing plans for all areas of responsibility.
· Supervise the on-going scheduling, use, maintenance and cleanliness of responsible areas as well as the control, use and inventory of all departmental equipment.
· Maintain adequate records in order to evaluate control and measure the effectiveness of assigned areas of responsibility.
· Effectively implement and manage all processes associated with program registrations and cancellations to ensure they are handled in a timely and efficient manner within the departments.
· Provide leadership, support and participation to the annual Community Outreach Campaign.
· Develop and implement risk strategies for all locations and in partnership with the risk team.
· Develop, lead and implement inclusion initiatives both for the association and wider Y community.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.