YMCA of the Greater Houston Area
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Director leads all aspects of member services for the branch, ensuring our cause and culture is instilled in our strategy and staff development.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
• At least 1 year supervisory experience in customer service &/or sales or equivalent
• Demonstrated success in a customer service/relationship-building role
• Demonstrated success leading member-focused or equivalent team
• Demonstrated leadership, dependability & flexibility in work hours
• Complete within 30 days of hire: YMCA cause & culture training; membership-specific training; Child Abuse Prevention Training; BLS CPR; First Aid; Emergency Oxygen Administration (provided by YMCA)
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
1. Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates with Program Directors on program specifics and registration details.
4. Plans and executes established membership campaigns to maximize enrollments.
5. Develops and manages department budget to meet fiscal objectives.
6. Develops and meets membership goals and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
7. Ensures proper implementation of Welcome Center procedures and risk management guidelines. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
8. Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
9. Manage payroll related transactions and monitor for accuracy and completeness.
10.Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
11.Actively participates in branch, department and association staff meetings and/or related trainings.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Communication & Influence
Developing Self & Others