YMCA of Grant County
Shades Valley Family Branch
Lake Nona YMCA Family Center
The Youth Development Director manages all Legacy YMCA childcare programs, including after-school, child watch, holiday camp, summer day camp and the year-round feeding program. As the Youth Development Director, you will be responsible organizing and successfully implementing high-quality, member-focused YMCA youth programs, while ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for members, program participants and guests.
Our employee benefits are AMAZING!
· FREE YMCA family membership.
· FREE YMCA programs including after-school and summer day camp.
· Medical and dental insurance.
· 12% employer paid retirement after two (2) years of full-time YMCA employment.
· Paid Time Off up to 320 hours annually.
· Paid holidays (8 per year).
· A Bachelor’s degree, in early childhood education preferred, or Associates degree in education with experience, required.
· Prior work experience in staff recruitment, training, and development.
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Hands on experience with utilizing data to make informed decisions.
· Ability to relate effectively with people from diverse groups and all social and economic segments of the community.
· Must have a current Commercial Driving License with passenger and air brake endorsements.
· Manage, direct, and coordinate all school-age childcare programs for the branch. Ensure the delivery of high-quality programs and activities. Expand programs and services within the community in accordance with the Legacy YMCA’s strategic plan.
· Recruit, hire, train and develop staff and volunteers as needed. Conduct employee performance reviews and develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
· Develop and manage annual budgets related to the positions. Ensure program areas operate within budget and program service fees are collected.
· Assure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations as they relate to program areas.
· Provide accurate and timely reporting of program outcomes.
· Develop and maintain relationships with state childcare licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs
· Cultivate and maintain excellent working relationships with local school districts and community groups.
· Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information.
· Attend all weekly Leadership Team meetings.
· Work closely with the property manager to ensure all program areas are clean and well maintained.
· Accountable to the Chief Executive Officer for execution of policies and procedures of the Association.
· Provides branch building coverage as part of the senior leadership team.
· Any other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Chief Executive Officer.
Mission Advancement:Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communication to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change, models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
CPR/AED, First Aid within sixty (60) days of employment. CDL w/passenger and air brake endorsements required.