Let the next step in your career be a footprint in the sands of sunny Tampa Bay, Florida.
Under the direction of the Senior Program Director, the Program Director provides leadership and oversees the daily operations of the program departments. Additionally, the Program Director will provide support to the Senior Program Director for Afterschool, Summer Day Camp/Kids Day Out, Stay and Play/Youth Zone and some family engagement activities including Parents Night Out and center community events. This position supports the leadership team, playing an integral role in membership acquisition, engagement, program quality, and retention. This position ensures that their teams operate efficiently and employs a continuous improvement model to meet and/or exceed goals for member/participant satisfaction, financial management and overall growth.
Critical areas of expertise include: leading others and working in teams, highly organized multi-program management, delivering and managing robust programs focusing on quality, proven results in growth in programs, successfully overseeing part-time and full-time teams and interviewing, hiring and onboarding associates.
Education/ Experience Required:
- Associate’s degree in Youth Development, Recreation, Health Sciences, Physical Education or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of YMCA or programmatic experience preferred.
- Experience working in a Y (or similar) 1,000+ unit membership base organization supervising or serving in a leadership role preferred
- Proven results in increasing program quality and growth through exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to meet or exceed goals, cultivate and retain program participants.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adapt to changing contexts and priorities.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills with the ability to identify and leverage relevant data to use in planning and decision-making.
- Strategic planning and tactical execution experience that resulted in achievement of goals
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments
of the community
- Must obtain within 30 days of employment and then maintain current certifications in BLS, First Aid, and Oxygen Administration.
- Maintain other required certifications as stated in the training matrix.