YMCA of the Greater Houston Area
The Association Director of Corporate Relationships (Director) is responsible for three key deliverables:
The Director will work collaboratively with internal (YMCA) and external resources (vendors and partners) to achieve success in the above deliverables. The incumbent will partner with branch and Association staff to ensure exceptional service delivery and sustainable growth is achieved. Ability to effectively engage company stakeholders from entry-level employees to executives is a must. Though the Director will work collaboratively with other Y staff, they will also work much of the time independently and are principally responsible for producing results. The incumbent will be intrinsically motivated, a self-starter, and effectively manage their own production while also galvanizing necessary support across the Association.
1. Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
2. Three or more years of sales, service marketing, business-to-business, or program management experience, in or outside of the YMCA. Experience in the Y is a plus.
3. Ability to lead by influence is required. Supervisory experience is a plus.
4. Teachable and proactively gains business acumen and expertise in area of focus.
5. Flexible and moldable in the execution of business process and tactics.
6. High levels of stamina, motivation, and self-direction despite potentially long business cycles.
7. Dependable emotional maturity and intelligence is required.
8. Energetic, devoted, mission driven, team oriented individual.
9. Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
10. Exemplifies a proactive, hands-on approach, as well as a professional work ethic.
11. Ability to gather support from staff and volunteers to effectively execute on a common goal.
12. Able to work with others to innovate and improve corporate program as needed and based on opportunity.
13. Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including some nights and weekends.
14. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
15. Ability to effectively relate to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
16. Must be able to utilize technology including the MS Office suite and basic computing, to more advanced applications such as web-based applications and customer relationship management software. Experience leading or managing a CRM software is a plus.
Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform all above functions and those listed below:
• Set up, work, and breakdown of onsite events such as membership drives, health fairs, tradeshows, etc. Items such as tables, displays, printed materials, or rolling cases may exceed 50lbs.
• Regular car travel to and from branches and corporations.
• Acceptance, storage, and dispensing of printed and/or promotional materials, may exceed 50lbs.
• Sitting and/or standing for long periods during workday and events.
• Achieves acquisition targets for new partners and incremental corporate units.
• Actively maintains an accurate pipeline report for daily management, communications, reporting, and projections.
• Executes both outbound and inbound marketing campaigns to drive awareness and partnership growth.
• Collaborates with staff across the Association to service and grow corporate partnerships.
• Engages with staff and boards across the Association to garner corporate partner leads.
• Trains key branch staff members to sell and support corporate partnerships as needed.
• Develops and coordinates a staff response team for on-site corporate events (membership sign up, health fairs, etc.)
• Creates an Association-wide culture of celebration when corporate partners join our Y family.
• Provides on-site and remote service to corporations and/or branches as needed to grow and support corporate partnerships.
• Generates high levels of satisfaction and Net Promoter Scores from corporate partners.
• Ensures that all interactions and communications are in the Y voice.
• Provides a conduit for corporate partners to engage the Y with other programs and services such as on-site wellness, health initiatives, philanthropy, etc.
• Works with YMCA resources to ensure back-end processes such as billing, reporting, and account maintenance are executed each month correctly.
• Achieves top and bottom line budget targets.
• Completes forecasting and variance analyses accurately and on time as needed. Administrative/ Leadership
• Continually learns and develops business acumen and knowledge of the YMCA.
• Ensures that best practices, internal guidelines, and procedures are properly enforced.
• Participates in internal and external meetings as needed.
• Assists with special events as needed or directed by supervisor.
• Responds to inquiries and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.