YMCA of Metropolitan Atlanta Inc.
Greater Austin YMCA
YMCA of Greater Birmingham
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Manages and develops the full range of activities required to market and promote YMCA initiatives and prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to public and private sources in order to support and achieve YMCA philanthropic endeavors.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
2. Must have good interpersonal, public relations, and communication skills, including the ability to make presentations and handle media inquiries.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills
4. Previous experience in development, marketing/grant management and/or equivalent experience preferred.
5. Excellent computer skills and experience with standard business software.
6. Knowledge/clear understanding of fundraising techniques and strategies.
7. Ability to correspond and develop professional relationships with external businesses and community members.
8. Highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines, as well as the ability to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, reason and solve problems.
1. Develops, produces and distributes information necessary to promote giving opportunities.
2. Ensure leadership and coordination of all Annual Campaign efforts.
3. Establishes regular contacts with our donor base and expands this contact list to include new donors.
4. Develop effective working relationships with community groups and organizations and promotes the benefits of the YMCA.
5. Coordinate and participate in all fundraising activities and events.
6. Manages grant proposal development, compliance monitoring and reporting process.
7. Researches potential funders, (i.e., foundations, corporations, etc.) and develops grant proposals to help fund the Y’s programs.
8. Maintains an efficient and effective tracking and reporting system that supports the financial
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCAs efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.