Ed Isakson/Alpharetta YMCA
McCleskey-East Cobb YMCA
The YMCA of Greenwich is seeking a motivated, cause-driven Senior Director of Member Experience to support all aspects of a best-in-class YMCA user experience. Under the direction of the Vice President of Operations, the Senior Director of Member Experience will articulate and influence the importance of membership with the objective of maximizing expansion and profitability. The Senior Director of Member Experience will provide strategic leadership and supervision of membership, and wellness departments. They will be an organized strategic thinker with management skills, initiative, adaptability, and the ability to work with others in a supportive and collaborative role. This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
· Bachelor's degree in human services, business, social services or equivalent with five or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
· A minimum of five years leading a sales acquisition and retention strategies for a membership based organization with a proven track record of driving quality results in a dynamic and multi-faceted organization.
· Preferred Qualifications: YMCA Multi-Team Leader certification.
· Knowledge and experience in all aspects of operations, including staff supervision and development, membership growth practices, program development and implementation, volunteerism, facility and property management and financial practices.
· Innate ability to develop and motivate staff by setting example, coaching, and mentoring them.
· Strategic thinking, and planning experience and exceptional time management abilities, capable of managing various tasks concurrently and meeting challenging timelines.
· Proven success in managing budgets and fiscal resources of $2.5M or greater.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community. Record of accomplishment of building authentic, constructive relationships with others.
· Outstanding and effective communication skills (both oral and written).
· Solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
· Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
· Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Publisher.
· Bilingual English and Spanish a plus.
· Develop and implement innovative membership growth, engagement and retention strategies through a thorough understanding of the value of YMCA membership which support the Associations’ mission, goals and strategic plan.
· Build upon ongoing efforts, and lead by example, to create a member-focused approach to all branch operations, delivering a best-in-class experience for members and visitors to our Y.
· Lead the organization’s overall goal to deliver a strong, connected, and welcoming environment for staff, members, program participants and staff that is anchored in the Y Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
· Lead and supervise the membership, and wellness departments through the creation of an environment of trust and respect that empowers others. Set and execute the operational performance goals of this team.
· Build a dynamic team, which will include professional development plans for direct reports, coaching, recognition, and evaluation resulting in a high performing and cohesive team.
· Foster a climate of innovation, and support branch staff in the planning, development, and implementation of member initiatives and activities.
· Lead wellness department staff to develop income sources and support innovation in group exercise, community-based programs, and fee based programs that drive membership engagement.
· Maintain ongoing evaluation of current services, recommend changes, and need for new services.
· Implement and supervise all programs and collaborations ensuring the highest quality and adherence to YMCA goals and standards are met for membership, wellness, and other Branch initiatives.
· Conduct competitive analysis on a continual basis to ensure positioning and pricing strategies are accurate from year-to-year.
· Develop and oversee a robust system of data collection and data analysis that will be used to drive performance in all areas under management areas.
· Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of membership reporting, tracking and data, and integration with nationwide membership, Memberships for All (financial assistance recipients), and annual reporting.
· Oversee budgets and monitor monthly financial reports to assure revenue targets are met and expenses are controlled.
· Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to promote membership and programmatic opportunities.
· Troubleshoot/resolve member issues in a professional manner. Establish relationships with potential/existing members/program participants.
· Implement a comprehensive volunteer program within the branch.
· Provide reports to committees, the Board of Directors, CEO, and other key YMCA leadership as needed and other related duties as assigned.