Willis Road YMCA
Somerset Hills YMCA
YMCA of Greater Louisville
The YMCA of Greater Indianapolis is looking for leaders to join our team and support the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. As a cause driven leader, you are expected to be:
· Welcoming – Accept neighbors eagerly, warmly, hospitably, and as equal participants.
· Nurturing – To care for, support, and help develop through encouragement.
· Hopeful – Take an optimistic or positive view of future outcomes.
· Determined – To devote full strength and concentrated attention to the cause.
· Genuine – To be honest and open in relationships with others.
We act with intentionality to connect people to our cause. Join us and help transform lives!
· Bachelor’s Degree in human services, social services, business or a related field
· Minimum of 5-7 years successful professional experience (7 years preferred)
· Clear understanding of the philosophy and nature of the YMCA
· Proven track record in the following disciplines:
Successful marketing strategies
· High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexible, team oriented, attention to detail and high degree of initiative will help this candidate be successful.
· Proven track record in building authentic relationships with others and the ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
· Ability to connect and relate with diverse groups of people at all levels of the organization.
Under the direction of the Regional Vice President, and with guidance from the Board of Advisors, the Executive Director is responsible forall aspects of daily operational functions. Those aspects include but are not limited to:
· Selection, employment, training and supervision of staff
· Operation of facilities and program sites
· Development and implementation of plans to deepen member involvement
· Management of center fiscal affairs
· Establishment of good community relations to meet the needs of a diverse community
· Selection and utilization of a strong volunteer structure
· Develop and implement collaborative strategic plans
· Nurture and environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion