Coney Island YMCA
Dowd Branch YMCA
Reporting to the CEO, the Healthy Living Manager handles the overall operations of the Association’s healthy living initiatives and programming, designed to promote wellness, reduce health risks and reclaim health. The Healthy Living Manager supervises, develops and implements a full range of programming, services, partnerships, and community outreach to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding service to all members, program participants and partners. This position provides direction, measurement, and accountability to Association initiatives within the YMCA Healthy Living framework, member/participant engagement strategies, and member/participant retention strategies.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the guidance of the CEO, the Healthy Living Manager is responsible for the promotion, supervision, and evaluation of the following areas: personal training, chronic health prevention , youth sports, group fitness and programming for healthy living. He/She will develop new and expand current programs that help members and the general community engage in healthy living.
1. Support the mission of the YMCA.
2. Develop and implement a healthy living programming strategy based on the association’s strategic plan goals.
3. Meet and exceed member/participant satisfaction results and deliver a high-value experience for members/healthy living program participants.
4. Serve as a key collaborator with local health care systems and medical providers to build/maintain partnerships and promote healthy living programs.
5. Focus on driving connection, engagement, and retention through specific goals.
6. Drive retention by engaging members in high-quality personal training programs that show measurable outcomes
7. Create and develop new wellness offerings
8. Recruit a strong fitness team and wellness coaches as outlined in the association budget and strategy.
10. Development of partnerships and workforce wellness programs
11. Supervising, training, group exercise and trainers staff.
12. Create group exercise programs using a database system, add and maintain programs in the system, pricing, and budgets.
13. Create and measure methods to communicate with members to get their input and needs.
14. Attend regular scheduled “Senior Staff Team” meetings.
15. Maintains records in accordance with any and all regulatory agencies and the YMCA.
16. Assist as needed in completing payroll on a weekly basis for the Healthy Living Department.
17. Promote the “YMCA Story” with all involved in the program.
18. Maintain safe program areas, including indoor and outdoor areas, YMCA and non-YMCA facilities, and equipment.
19. Set quality standards for all healthy living programming.
20. Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment related to healthy living programming
21. Follow accident reporting procedures and policies.
22. Follow systems, practices, and training related to risk management and safety of participants and staff.
24. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Critical Thinking & DecisionMaking
Requirements that are expected to be met in the first 60 days:
Sexual Harassment Training