Camp Medics are responsible for:
- Provide Health Care services at their assigned camp. Work within specific scope determined by level of licensure and the BCCYMCA Health Care Standing Orders. Consult the Camp Nurse and Camp Physician as circumstances dictate.
- Health care services includes emergencies, illnesses, in-patient care, sick calls, and transport of patients to specialist or hospital, etc.
- Maintain health records files, daily log and treatment book, etc. Ensure the completion of all paperwork submit all forms in a timely fashion.
- Maintain medical equipment and supplies and medicines.
- Assist Camp Nurses in providing the Camp Director with daily reports and trends. Inform camp staff of health issues and necessary care as needed.
- Help to ensure that the Infirmary is kept clean, quiet, and prepared to deal with emergency and on-going health care at the camp.
How We Take Care of You:
Up to $25 per hour based on experience and certification. On-site housing. Meals providing by our excellent dining service. Eligible for up to 8 weeks of enrollment for your children in our Day Camp and significantly reduced rates for our residential programs. Opportunity to make a difference at a premier summer camp in New England while living and playing in the culturally rich Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
What makes Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA unique?
MISSION: Helping youth discover their potential through life-changing experience and relationships.
VALUES: We believe that everyone deserves opportunities to explore, learn, and grow in a supportive environment driven by community, commitment, belonging and compassion.
We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where campers, participants, families and staff can discover their authentic selves. Through leadership, strategic planning, recruitment, training and program development, we strive to be inclusive in our practices and promote equity and opportunity for all individuals. We respect, affirm, and protect the dignity and worth of every member of our community.
Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA is an equal opportunity workplace and Employer of Choice. We believe our strength lies in embracing our differences through a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative environment.
Experience working with children, be currently certified as a Paramedic or EMT for the duration of your employment and be 18 years of age or older. Must have availability the week of June 17th for training, and at least 2 weeks (4 weeks or all summer is highly preferred) between June 23th and August 17th. Commitments of 1 week or specific shifts (evenings, weekends) will be considered. Rotating shifts include 7am-3pm, 3pm to 11pm, and 11pm to 7am as needed.
Currently certified as a Paramedic or EMT for the duration of your employment and be 18 years of age or older.