Are you a RN, NP, LPN, or PA? Do you have availability between June 17th and August 17th, and love kids and camp? Come work, live, and play with us this summer! Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA, a premiere overnight summer camp for youth in Southern New England, is seeking Camp Nurses. Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA, a premier overnight summer camp for youth in Southern New England, is seeking Camp Nurses.
Camp Nurse are responsible for:
- Provide Health Care services at their assigned camp. Work within specific scope determined by level of licensure and the BCCYMCA Health Care Standing Orders. Consult the Camp Physician as circumstances dictate.
- Health care services includes emergencies, illnesses, in-patient care, sick calls, and transport of patients to specialist or hospital, medication administration, etc.
- Communicate with camper/participant families as needed/appropriate.
- Provide the Camp Director / Operations Director with daily reports and trends. Inform camp staff of health issues and necessary care as needed.
- Maintain health records files, daily log, and treatment book, etc. Ensure the completion of all paperwork submit all forms in a timely fashion.
- Maintain medical equipment, supplies, first aid kits, medicines, etc.
- Help to ensure that the Infirmary is kept clean, quiet, and prepared to deal with emergency and on-going health care at the camp.
How We Take Care of You:
Up to $30 per hour based on experience and licensure. On-site housing. Meals providing by our excellent dining service. Eligible for up to 8 weeks of enrollment for your children in our Day Camp and significantly reduced rates for our residential programs. Opportunity to make a difference at a premiere summer camp in New England while living and playing in the culturally rich Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
What makes Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA unique?
MISSION: Helping youth discover their potential through life-changing experiences and relationships.
VALUES: We believe that everyone deserves opportunities to explore, learn, and grow in a supportive environment driven by community, commitment, belonging and compassion.
We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where campers, participants, families and staff can discover their authentic selves. Through leadership, strategic planning, recruitment, training and program development, we strive to be inclusive in our practices and promote equity and opportunity for all individuals. We respect, affirm, and protect the dignity and worth of every member of our community.
Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA is an equal opportunity workplace and Employer of Choice. We believe our strength lies in embracing our differences through a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative environment.
Experience working with children, be currently certified as an RN, LPN, NP, or PA and be 18 years of age or older. Must have availability the week of June 17th for training, and at least 2 weeks (4 weeks or all summer is highly preferred) between June 23rd and August 17th. Commitments of 1 week or specific shifts (evenings, weekends) will be considered. Rotating shifts include 7am-3pm, 3pm to 11pm, 11pm to 7am. Overnight shift support is highly desired (sleep at infirmary, provide care only as needed).
Currently certified as an RN, LPN, NP, or PA and be 18 years of age or older.