Located on nearly 1500 forested acres in the Town of Becket, nestled within the beautiful Berkshire Mountains of Western Massachusetts, Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA, a premier overnight summer camp for youth in Southern New England, is seeking Camp Nurse Supervisors.
Are you Registered Nurse licensed in MA? Are you available in Summer 2024 between June 17th and August 17th, and love kids and camp?
Camp Nurse Supervisor is responsible for:
- Serve as the primary liaison between the medical team Camp Director, and Operations Director.
- Review medical records prior to camp season. Prepare and deliver training program for medical team. Maintain on-going professional supervision of medical team.
- Provide leadership for medical services and ensure medication administration is efficient and compliant.
- Provide Health Care services at their assigned camp, including emergencies, illnesses, in-patient care, sick calls, and transport of patients to specialist or hospital, medication administration, etc.
- Communicate with camper/participant families as needed/appropriate.
- Provide the camp leadership with daily reports and trends. Inform camp staff of health issues and necessary care as needed.
- Help maintain health records files, daily log, and treatment book, etc. Ensure the completion of all paperwork submit all forms in a timely fashion.
- Help maintain medical equipment, supplies, first aid kits, medicines, etc.
- Help to ensure that the Infirmary is kept clean, quiet, and prepared to deal with emergency and on-going health care at the camp.
About the Job:
Must have availability for part-time remote work in April/May, and on-site preparations in June ahead of the training week. Must be on site for the week of June 17th for trainings, and commit to at least one 4-week session between June 23th and August 17th (full summer commitment preferred).
How We Take Care of You:
Starting rate at $40-$50/ per hour commensurate with experience. On-site housing available. Meals providing by our excellent dining service. Eligible for up to 8 weeks of enrollment for your children in our Day Camp and significantly reduced rates for our residential programs. Opportunity to make a difference at a premiere summer camp in New England while living and playing in the culturally rich Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
What makes Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA unique?
MISSION: Helping youth discover their potential through life-changing experiences and relationships.
VALUES: We believe that everyone deserves opportunities to explore, learn, and grow in a supportive environment driven by community, commitment, belonging and compassion.
We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where campers, participants, families and staff can discover their authentic selves. Through leadership, strategic planning, recruitment, training and program development, we strive to be inclusive in our practices and promote equity and opportunity for all individuals. We respect, affirm, and protect the dignity and worth of every member of our community.
Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA is an equal opportunity workplace and Employer of Choice. We believe our strength lies in embracing our differences through a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative environment.
Experience working with children, be currently license as an RN or NP in MA during employment and have at least 3 years of relevant experience.
Currently licensed as an RN or NP