The Hogan Family YMCA is seeking a new Youth and Family Services Program Director.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Youth and Family Services Director is responsible for the oversight of the youth, family, teen and sports programs. This role involves managing and providing leadership for an array of program initiatives, including, but not limited to, after-school program, summer and holiday day camps, and youth sports.
- Communicate and promote the YMCA mission, goals and objectives to employees, volunteers and the community at large.
- Establish new program activities and expand programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Communicate with the members and program participants on a regular basis to ensure program quality.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct staff and volunteers as needed. Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Organize and schedule program registrations.
- Meet all program enrollment goals including timely collection process of all fees.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community agencies.
- Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Organize special events for parents.
- Develop annual budget and monitor department budget monthly or even more often as needed to meet fiscal objectives.
- Assure compliance with federal, state and local regulations as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Ensure that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Provide for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensure the physical environment supports healthy living.
- Provide staff leadership for annual fund raising campaign and committees as assigned.
- Maintain proper records/department files.
- Compile program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Branch Executive Director.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Communication & Influence
- Functional Expertise
- Program/Project Management
- Developing Self & Others