Join us at the Y of Metro Atlanta as we carry out our mission to positively impact lives and communities.
The Vice President of Finance will provide financial thought leadership to drive results and ensure operational efficiency across the organization. Working closely with the senior leadership team and other stakeholders, this individual will partner to enhance and better integrate finance with other functions in the business. This will include the development, presentation, and maintenance of the Y's financial model and financial management reporting. As a part of owning the audit and compliance functions, this finance leader will act as a check and balance to the rest of the organization, partnering with the accounting function to deliver accurate and timely reporting and actionable information to stakeholders. This individual will ensure the fiscal integrity and financial operational excellence of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, or related business field
- 10+ years of progressive experience in finance or accounting
- Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) experience
- 6+ years formal supervisory experience
- 6+ years leading cross-functional teams
- Experience leading a team of 8+ finance, accounting and/or treasury professionals
- Experience with accounting and enterprise systems
- Demonstrated strong computer aptitude, including expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong leadership and proven supervisory skills in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated mentoring, coaching, and organizational administrative skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and interact and communicate positively with all levels of management, external auditors, regulatory agencies, and YMCA board members
- Ability to work and interact with internal clients at all levels of the organization in addition to external stakeholders
- Ability to manage P&L with multiple revenue streams including government entities
- Must have a strong collaborative work ethic, ability to work on multiple confidential projects under pressure with tight deadlines and minimum supervision
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Operational budget management more than $75 million
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check including Criminal Record check, Drug Screening and motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company policy.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.