Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. YMCA Camp Potawotami has provided friendship, fun, and a character-building camping experience in a beautiful, safe environment for over 100 years. Located about 40 miles north of Fort Wayne on the shores of Blackman Lake, Camp Potawotami has over 210 acres of woodlands, meadows, wetlands, and hiking trails.
Why you’ll love YMCA Camp Potawotami
Personal Development: You’ll have many opportunities for free training and certifications, as well as opportunities to advance and potentially find a long-term career.
Housing & Meals: The Teen Leadership Supervisor is required to live on-site: housing and food are provided.
Fulfillment: Work with a team that cares about you and is actively involved in our community!
YMCA Membership: As a part-time staff member, you will receive a free individual membership, or 65% off family membership, 50% discounted programs at Y branches for you and your household, and a 40% discount for you and your family at camp.
Candidates must be committed to contributing to the mission, culture, and values of YMCA Camp Potawotami and the YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne as well as:
- Must be at least 20 years old and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have experience working with youth in a camp or outdoor setting.
- Documented knowledge, experience, and/or certifications/licensures in your specialized activity are required.
- A high level of organization, time management, flexibility, and ability to prioritize and handle difficult situations effectively and consistently within the YMCA's core values and mission.
- A warm, enthusiastic, and friendly personality, ability to express enthusiasm, and communicate effectively with staff, parents, and children in one-on-one as well as large group settings.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community both individually and in a group setting.
Camp is looking for a mature, fun, and creative Teen Leadership Development Supervisor for the 2024 Summer Season. The Teen Leadership Supervisor will work with staff and supervise teen programs to create experiences of accomplishment and belonging while they learn about positive character traits and values. Must be at least 20 years of age. Must be comfortable communicating with parents and enjoy working with children. Staff in this role will: Facilitate excellent camp programs, lead campers and fellow staff, keep camp safe, and make camp memorable for all participants. If you’re looking for a purpose, you don’t have to look any further.
Lead: Provide supervision, support, and leadership to campers and staff within their Camp Corner.
Develop: Ensure teen leadership training and sessions are appropriate and provide opportunities to help them grow as individuals and leaders.
Implement: Follow camp procedures to hold staff and campers accountable for bedtimes, showering, embers, superlatives, achievement paddles, and addressing camper issues.
Commitment: May 17, 2024- July 26, 2024
Starting at $470/week
Room & Board Provided