Join the Valley Shore YMCA team and be a part of a unique culture that leads with mission and character like none other!
Our Member Service Director supervises all aspects of member experience and engagement for the Y including enrollment of new members and renewals of memberships, retention of existing members and supervision of member staff. The director strategically plans and supervises member service representatives and Child Watch staff and represents the Y at local community engagement events. The director also develops, plans and implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Director at the Valley Shore YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
- Ensures a level of service and engagement that fosters loyalty among those we serve.
- Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Review/s and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff in a clear, concise way.
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances
- Leads membership staff and volunteers effectively; recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams; onboards and develops them for success.
- Supervises Child Watch program and staff. Ensures highest quality and care is provided.
- Reviews, approves, and tracks Financial Aid awards for membership and programs.
- Oversees financial transactions and billing for membership, including corporate memberships, in coordination with the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Supervises special projects as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Communication & Influence
Developing Self & Others