YMCA of the Greater Houston Area
Indian Boundary YMCA
The Program Director is responsible for the development, organization, implementation and evaluation of programs, ensuring that all operations in the department or program run smoothly. Additionally, this position is responsible for creating new and innovative programs that meet the needs of the community. The Program Director is responsible for integrating best practices in applicable programs and serving on relevant Association committees to enhance leadership skills and programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Physical Education or related preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in related field.
• Must have current YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent.
• Must have or ability to obtain YMCA Lifeguard Instructor within 1 year.
• Must have or ability to obtain YMCA Swim Lessons Instructor and Trainer within 1 year.
• Must have or ability to obtain Certified Pool Operator (CPO), PA Pesticide Applicator Certification and Allegheny County Bathing Place Manager certifications within 120 days of employment.
• Current YMCA Lifeguard Manager Certification or equivalent required.
• Experience running in-services and emergency drill training preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and staff-management skills.
• Ability to educate and motivate staff, members, volunteers and community about YMCAmission.
• Excellent fiscal management with strong operational performance history.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google and Social Media
• Ability to work hours that vary depending on need, including weekends and evenings.
• Directs all operations of the Department and its programs.
• Develops, administers, achieves and evaluates the annual Department Operating Objectives.
• Develops, administers, executes and expands department annual budget.
• Recruits, employs, develops, supervises, evaluates and terminates (when needed) staff and volunteers while being fiscally responsible and within budget limitations.
• Assures that the Programs have well-planned member and volunteer recruitment and retention plans.
• Provides input for the administration, promotion and operation of the branch.
• Monitors the achievement of these objectives through measurable outcomes, taking appropriate action to see they are met.
• Evaluates current programs and class participation to expand or discontinue classes based on customer satisfaction and member retention.
• Provides a cohesive approach to customer service and training that directly Impacts the end user's commitment and personal growth.
• Supports branch fundraising initiatives by actively contributing to, educating on, and raising projected goal for the annual campaign.
• Assists In forming community partnerships.
• Local travel required and occasional long-distance travel for training and special events.
• Maintains an accurate system of records and reports,
• Greets members by name, introduces self to others and encourages socialization among members.
• Active participation in association groups and committees as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Quality Results
• Project/Initiative Management