Sherman Lake YMCA Outdoor Center
YMCA of Greenville
This position serves to consolidate office functions as well as provide support for the CEO. Primary responsibilities include membersip coordination, accounting, hr and support. Oversees YMCA accounting practices, maintenance of fiscal record, preparation of financial reports. Ensures system of internal controls and maintains fiscal soundness. Works with outside accounting firm on external audits, tax return and preparation. May provide leadership for other functions such as HR.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
Experience in business financial management.
Experience in accounting or accounting setting, preferably a non profit.
Working knowledge of Windows, Quickbooks, MS Office
Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication.
Able to handle multiple priorities in a busy environment.
Able to speak proficiently on phone and in person.
Detail oriented with neat, legible handwriting.
Works well with others.
Able to count and reconcile shift credit card, bank statements,check and cash payments.
1. Manages all functions of accounting and business operation ensuring legal and audit requirements are met and best practices and maximum efficiency obtained.
2. Implements appropriate systems and internal controls to adequately safegard YMCA's financial resources and to provide a solid basis for accurately reporing financial data.
3. Prepared reports for outside filings as well as month end and yearly financial reports.
4. Oversees and processes payroll administration including maintaining records and related systems.
5. Oversees accounts receivable and payable in a timely manner and ensures no gaps.
6. Provides all information for annual audit.
7. Handles HR functions including but not limited to onboarding and W2 preparation.
8. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create better member experience. Personal Growth: Pursues self development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.