We’re looking for an experienced preschool director to come join our Nevada Ready Preschool program.
The Nevada Ready Preschool Director oversees our grant-funded preschool programming and teachers at our Durango Hills YMCA location.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in ECE or related field required. Two to three years experience as Preschool Center Director or equivalent position strongly preferred. Previous experience working with special populations (e.g., children with special needs and families with diverse socio-economic backgrounds), as well as prior interaction with QRIS and/or the Department of Education is beneficial. Bi-lingual Spanish/English strongly preferred.
TRAININGS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must maintain state licensing background clearance.
- American Red Cross CPR, AED and First Aid.
- Must maintain an active Nevada Registry Certificate.
- Building/physical premises safety, emergency preparation, medication administration, and allergies training required within 30 days of hire.
- Working with Children within 30 days of hire date.
- Staff are to attend all Preschool trainings and in-services required by Supervisor.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong skills in communication, leadership, judgment, and creativity.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate management techniques.