KEY RESULT AREAS
Planning and Development:
- Establish and evaluate annual goals and objectives for association Maintenance Operations.
- Responsible for management of all facility and grounds maintenance.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment not covered under maintenance contracts or warranties, and maintain records of performance of equipment.
- Perform major and minor repairs at the YMCA within skill level and secure outside help when tasks are beyond abilities. Complete repairs in a timely manner.
- Develop and ensure adherence to standards of cleanliness and schedules of personnel to provide quality work and maximum coverage of facilities.
- Purchase all needed maintenance and cleaning materials/supplies as budgeted.
- Initiate all service contracts with proper approval from Executive Director.
- Maintain all mechanical rooms and custodial closets in a neat, orderly fashion.
- Conduct daily walk through inspections of all areas to ensure cleanliness and equipment operation meet high standards.
- Perform all pool related maintenance.
- Responsible for maintaining safe entry walk ways and cleared emergency exit areas throughout the winter months.
- Develop and administer a recycling program and schedule for YMCA.
- Exemplify the YMCA mission and values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility in all aspects of job performance and interactions/relationships with others
- Maintain compliance with all laws and ordinances, including OSHA regulations.
- Develop and administer maintenance budget and preventative maintenance plan.
- Serve as a contributing team player in planning of short and long-range building and facility needs.
- Serve as team member or team leader (as assigned) for specific YMCA events.
- Attend and participate as a contributing management team member in staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Ensure the following end results are met:
- Maintain a clean, safe, and environmentally comfortable facility.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative relationship with these three YMCA facilities by developing a communication system that helps all areas of the YMCA and individual staff members to achieve their customer service goals.
- Responsible for the supervision of maintenance/custodial staff. This includes the hiring process, staff evaluation, and on-going training, supervision and support to staff.
- Approve timesheets for all maintenance/custodial staff.
- Organize and supervise the daily work schedules for all custodians and any other maintenance personnel.
- The Facility Director is a hands-on position. The expectation is to fix things as they happen during the day and clean during the day if needed.
- Assume key leadership role in the overall YMCA organization to develop and maintain operation of high quality, charitable, non-profit organization. Serve as a contributing management team member.
- Ensure continued professional growth through networking, taking on new learning challenges, seeking new resources, and attending appropriate training opportunities.
- Exemplify the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all aspects of job performance and interactions/relationships with others.
- Adhere to OSHA standards and guidelines.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Education/Experience: Must have broad-based skills in communication, supervision, budget control, purchasing, personnel training, /supervision, cleaning, and repair work. High School diploma of equivalent required.
Skills: Must possess a variety of technical skills and general knowledge of machines necessary to the maintenance of a large facility. This includes proficiency in plumbing, air handling, heating/cooling systems, boilers, electrical, custodial, and pool/whirlpool operations. Must be familiar with Federal, State, and Local building/fire codes and OSHA regulations. Must possess good organizational skills and be able to supervise, direct, and guide employees.