Frost Valley YMCA
Camp Carter YMCA
YMCA of Greater Long Beach
The Senior Camp Director will primarily supervise staff and programs for Woodstock’s summer resident program. Also responsible for hiring, marketing, promoting, and retention of summer campers. The Senior Camp Director must effectively develop and administer programs and supervise summer staff to the satisfaction of the Executive Director within the policies and procedures of the Greater Hartford YMCA. A bachelor’s degree and experience in social, recreation, overnight camping, or related fields are required. This position requires skill and experience in youth resident camping and group user management as well as leadership and managerial abilities to further the programs and purpose of the YMCA.
1. Selection and supervision of summer program staff.
· Hires and processes summer applicants.
· Manages summer staff evaluation and management process.
· Arranges for necessary staff certifications.
· Meets state and ACA certifications.
· Plans and directs summer staff training.
2. Supervision of summer camp program
· Assists other directors in program planning and design.
· Maintains summer program quality meeting State, ACA and YMCA standards.
· Directly responsible for day-to-day operations of summer camp.
· Efficient computer skills and knowledge of Camp Brain software.
3. Marketing and management of summer camp
· Follows summer marketing plan.
· Meets budget expectations of camp income.
· Keeps our website current and relative to camper/parent needs.
· Serves as the face of our summer camp.