Under the supervision of Day Camp Director, the Day Camp Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the organization, implementation, and maintenance of the summer day camp program as well as camper development, staff development, and maintaining good public relations with parents, affiliate programs and participants. The Day Camp Coordinator works closely with Day Camp Counselors to ensure a high quality day camp experience for campers.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Bachelor’s in child development, Education, Sports and Recreation or related field from an accredited college/university is preferred.
3. CPR & First Aid plus Abusive Head Trauma training must be completed before the first day of camp.
4. Must successfully complete fingerprinting requirement prior to working first shift.
5. Two years of previous experience working with children in a formal setting is preferred.
6. One year of administrative experience is preferred.
1. Assist the Day Camp Director in the overall development of Day Camp programs with emphasis on age-appropriate programming with Day Camp Counselors.
2. Create, distribute and maintain accurate records and reports in compliance with state licensing and program requirements such as sign-in/check-out sheets, field trip documents, lesson plans, enrollment attendance sheets, newsletters, etc.
3. Assist with getting supplies, snacks, meals, and program space ready for Day Camp needs.
4. Ensure that the care of participants is a key priority through direct supervision and support to staff in the absence of the Day Camp Director.
5. Maintain communication with staff as it relates to program needs.
6. Provide professional communication to parents and facility personnel about camp needs.
7. Understand and follow all requirements from state licensing, YoungStar, DCF, and YMCA standards.
8. Demonstrate a positive and caring attitude while building relationships with children, staff, parents and community members.
9. Be committed to the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee’s Child Abuse/Neglect Prevention efforts by serving as a mandatory reporter.
10. Other duties as assigned.