- Lead or provide support to activities and staff where necessary
- Facilitate ropes, target sports, aquatics, and many more camp activities
- All other duties as assigned by the director
- Oversee day to day operations including schedules, busses, check in/out and parent communication
- Provide direct supervision to youth and staff
- Lead or provide support to activities and staff when necessary
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA.
- This position requires experience working with youth
- Proven leadership skills and collaboration
- Have or willing to obtain First Aid, CPR, or Lifeguard or ropes
- Willingness to have fun, laugh, and be silly with a love of the outdoors
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration:Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.