This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the direction of the Camp Physician, Medical Coordinator and Director of Camp Lakewood, the Camp Nurse will provide evaluations, treatment and dispense all medication. The Camp Nurse will provide assistance on check in and checkout days, and prepare medication for overnights and early checkouts.
- Provide basic medical care to campers and staff.
- Dispense prescription and over the counter medications.
- Screen campers during check-in.
- Ensure all forms for incoming campers are completed accurately.
- Check-in all camper medication using proper procedures including storage policies, logging medication and communicating with Cabin Counselors, Unit Managers and Kitchen Staff.
- Prepare medication for routine and overnight dosages.
- Conduct and log health-screening evaluations and treatments for camp staff and campers as
- Complete and log all incident reports and medical communication reports for doctors and/or hospital staff. Follow up with physician report or nurse evaluations by documentation and contacting of parent.
- Conduct inventory of medical supplies and any medications at the end of session.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance policy regarding child abuse.
- Must be a Nurse Practitioner (NP), Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or equivalent with a current license in the state of Missouri. Nursing Students may also be considered to in a support capacity to licensed staff.
- Must have professional knowledge of treating and evaluating patients, dispensing medication and logging activities properly.
- Certification in basic first aid and CPR/AED.
- Ability to work in conjunction with the camp physician, medical coordinator, other camp nurses, and the behavior and inclusion team to triage and treat campers, staff, and guests.
Full Compensation Package (when applicable):
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Retirement fund of 12% per pay period after completing 1,000 hours of service during any two 12-month period.
- 20% Discount on tuition at Missouri Baptist University
- 20% Discount on Tuition at Fontbonne University
- Free individual membership to YMCA nationwide
- Discounts on YMCA programs
- Discounts on YMCA Childcare