Greystone Branch YMCA
Indian Boundary YMCA
The Crossroads YMCA is currently home to three historic indoor pools, two state of the art indoor pools, and one outdoor waterpark. We are quickly growing by adding another 4 bodies of water by 2025. The District Aquatic Director is a unique aquatic position that will provide support to each location, while helping us reach our greatest potential in each of these spaces.
Under the direction of the Association Director of Aquatics and following Y’s mission and values, the District Aquatic Director (DAD) provides leadership support to each center’s aquatic leadership teams across the association. The DAD will contribute to the Crossroads YMCA Aquatic operations through service as an instructor and trainer in lifeguarding and swim lessons and will directly support adherence to established Aquatic Audit standards. The District Aquatic Director will serve as a resource for aquatic operators and ensure the practice of the YMCA Leader Promise.
1. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Preferred majors: Youth Development, Teaching, Psychology, Sports Management, Physical Education, or related field.
2. 2+ years of Aquatic leadership experience.
3. 3+ years of lifeguard & Swim Lesson experience.
4. Current lifeguard certificate
5. Current Lifeguard Instructor certification preferred.
6. Swim instructor trainer certification preferred.
7. Certified Pool Operator preferred.
8. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
9. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
10. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
11. Adept computer skills.
12. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
13. Ability to respond to safety and emergencies
1. Ensure aquatic staff are maintaining standards in operations, in-services, and training through: Documented environmental safety audits, aquatic safety audits, staff trainings, program quality checks, and required certifications.
2. Assist with operation coverage in absence of Aquatic Department leadership prioritizing centers based on greatest need and in coordination with the ADA.
3. Teach/train lifeguard & CPR classes.
4. Attend, actively participate in, or lead all required staff training, meetings, and program development activities.
5. Support the strategic direction of the Association, appropriate cabinets, and work groups.
6. Help recruit, orient, train, and develop staff to ensure that all aquatics services functions are managed and administered in an effective and efficient manner.
7. Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other appropriate individuals and branches.
8. Perform office work as needed such as filing, copying, and record keeping.
9. Ensure that all necessary paperwork and forms are accurately completed in a timely manner.
10. Additional assignments as deemed appropriate, within the scope of the job description.
The National YMCA Mission:
“To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.”
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Ys values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaboration based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies, and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.