The Camp Maintenance Technician role handles building and facility daily duties both scheduled and unscheduled which may include daily check lists, preventive maintenance schedules, and posted work orders. The Camp Maintenance Technician maintains the camp property and buildings. The Camp Maintenance Technician will maintain cleanliness for the facility and grounds. Some additional camp maintenance duties might be painting, equipment cleaning and electrical and plumbing to keep the building in excellent condition. The Camp Maintenance Technician may operate bobcats, tractors, snow blowers, snowmobile or mower for the grounds.
Join us at the Y in delivering a safe and efficient operation of camp equipment and overall campgrounds as a critical part of our maintenance team!
The Camp Maintenance Staff is responsible for maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of the buildings, equipment and property as assigned. The incumbent interacts positively with campers and staff and responds to requests personally or informs the appropriate maintenance staff member.
Supervisory titles may change depending on camp.
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from the Camp Property Manager, Camp Executive Director or their representatives in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the camp or Association success.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Pledge
The Y of the North is committed to the work and everyday practices of eliminating disparities and eradicating of unjust systems to become a multicultural, anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization. YMCA of the North team members and volunteers must exemplify the association’s mission, vision and values of caring, equity, honesty, respect and responsibility.
The YMCA of the North continues to develop plans and strategies to ensure team members and volunteers reflect the demographics of the communities we serve. We will continually conduct institutional racism and oppression review of our policies, procedures and practices in recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; layoffs; terminations; and the ongoing development of a multicultural, anti-racist and anti-oppressive work environment and culture that promotes equity and respect for the human dignity of all. We value and respect this diversity and choose to be inclusive through our acceptance of all.
· Minimum age of 18.
· Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
· Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of the equipment used for cleaning and general maintenance.
· Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
· Willingness to learn and share new and better methods of cleaning.
· Ability to become DQF (formerly DOT) certified driver.
· Move up to 50 pounds of project materials and/or tools to remote building locations up to 200 feet away.
· Erect and stand on scaffolding, ladders, and platforms.
· Work at heights up to 30 feet for extended periods of time.
· Work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
· Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
· Ability to perform tasks outdoor in different climate.
· Work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
· Perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
· Ability to report and record maintenance requests on work board.
· Depending on camp locations, may need to be comfortable operating motor boats.
· Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain daily upkeep of assigned area and equipment with minimal supervision.
· Perform general building maintenance duties which may include, but are not limited to, carpentry projects, changing filters and light bulbs, clearing plumbing clogs, repairing leaking faucets.
· Perform grounds maintenance duties which may include, but are not limited to, snow removal, mowing, clearing trees and brush.
· Perform custodial duties which include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window, shower and bathroom cleaning, meeting set up, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, and general cleaning and upkeep as requested or needed.
· Record all needed repairs on Teams Dashboard and inform supervisor of needs. Follow up with staff and/or customers as needed.
· Ensure YMCA buildings and property are secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
· Clean up blood or body fluids that could contain bloodborne pathogens consistent with standard operating procedure.
· Operate motorized equipment used for cleaning and general maintenance.
· May operate tractor, snow blower, and snowmobile, mower for use in maintenance of the grounds, golf cart or other all - terrain vehicle. Required training prior to operation of all maintenance vehicles by supervisor.
· Respond to after hours or weather related emergencies as needed.