Full-time Lead Teacher position with benefits at our South County branch.
This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibilities. The Lead Teacher will maintain a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals, promotes the potential of all youth, and provides a quality experience to both youth and their families. They will be responsible for the development and delivery of a high quality, well-rounded, age-appropriate curriculum that is aligned to the RI Early Learning & Development Standards (RIELDS)
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Engaging Community-Builds bridges with others in the community to ensure the Y’s work is community-focused and welcoming of all, providing community benefit.
- Inclusion-Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as cultural competence.
- Communication & Influence-Listens and expresses self effectively and in a way that engages, inspires, and builds commitment to the Y’s cause.
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making-Makes informed decisions based on logic, data, and sound judgment.
- Program Management-Ensures programs or project goals are met and intended impact occurs.
- Emotional Maturity-Demonstrates ability to understand and manage emotions effectively in all situations.
- Developing Self & Others-Demonstrates ability to understand and manage emotions effectively in all situations.