Be part of a dynamic team making an impact, as the Assistant Sports Program Director for the Eastside Family YMCA.
The YMCA of Greenville is a dynamic and rapidly growing association that seeks to strengthen the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
The Sports Program Director is responsible for providing leadership and supervision of the operations of the Youth and Adult Sports Departments.
Not only will you be part of amazing mission-driven work, but we also offer the following benefits:
- 12% Retirement Contribution, once fully vested
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan
- Separate Paid Sick and Vacation Leave
- Medical Benefits
- Company Paid Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 11 Company Holidays
- Household Membership to the YMCA of Greenville
- 50% Discount on Programs, including Childcare, Sports, and Aquatics.
- 20% Discount on Personal Training
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day.
We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become.
We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality.
We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world.
We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential.
We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Assist the Sports Director with development and the implementation of programs within the Sports Department.
- Assist the Sports Director with providing leadership and excellence in program service and delivery, through proper training, evaluation, and promotion of programs.
- Assist the Sports Director with giving guidance and direction to sports participants and volunteers.
- Develops relationships for the advancement and promotion of the YMCA Sports Program.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed.
- Assists Director with crowd control for Adults Sports
- Intentionally and continuously strive to promote an organizational culture that advances practices and policies that value staff engagement, and diversity, strengthens inclusion, and builds global community in the US and abroad.
- Directly provide leadership and excellence in program service and delivery, through proper training, evaluation, and promotion of programs for spring/fall soccer and summer camp sports
- Directly provide guidance and direction to sports participants and volunteers in spring/fall soccer and summer camp sports with the guidance of the Sports Director.
In addition, the Sports Assistant Program Director will be assigned duties which may include:
- monitor and maintain program records.
- program communication
- program registration
- program schedule creation
- coordination of site locations for sports
- equipment maintenance
- inventory maintenance and record keeping
- field prep
- equipment preparation and delivery
- oversight/evaluation of volunteers and contracted employees
- Active, member/participant-focused engagement on the field
- Adhere to policies related to boundaries with consumers.
- Attend/complete required abuse risk management training
- Adhere to procedures related to managing high-risk activities and supervising consumers.
- Follow mandated reporting requirements.
- Adhere to job-specific abuse risk management responsibilities.
- Follow employees' and volunteers' screening requirements and use screening instruments to screen for abuse risk.
- Provide employees and volunteers with ongoing supervision and training related to abuse risk.
- Provide employees and volunteers with regular feedback regarding their boundaries with consumers.
- Require employees and volunteers to adhere to policies and procedures related to abuse risk.
- Respond quickly to policy and procedure violations using the organization’s progressive disciplinary procedures.
- Respond seriously and confidentially to reports of suspicious and inappropriate behaviors.
- Follow mandated reporting requirements.
- Communicate to all employees and volunteers the organization’s commitment to protect their consumers from abuse.
- Report essential abuse risk management information to the board of directors.