Somerset Hills YMCA
YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee Inc.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Infant/Toddler Specialist at the YMCA of Kokomo oversees the development and metrics of the overall Zero to Three Initiative in the YMCA Early Learning Center, ensuring the program meets its intended goals. To thrive in this position, you must demonstrate knowledge of the development of children, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
1. Preferred Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or equivalent experience.
2. At least 21 years of age.
3. One to two years related experience (e.g., supervisor or coordinator of child care programs) preferred.
4. YMCA Team Leader certification is preferred but may be attained once hired.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
6. Completion of Praesidium Academy Child Abuse Prevention and Redwoods Bloodborne Pathogens training during onboarding.
7. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications within 30 days of
8. Once hired, fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards and completion of Zero to Three Brain Growth Curriculum.
9. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
10. All other trainings, pre-employment drug screen, Praesidium background check, TB testing, physical and documents needed upon hiring, must be completed prior to your first day of employment.
1. Manages the Zero to Three Initiative program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in the program; creating and scheduling activities or events; and maintaining program records or files.
2. Ensures programs and services meet community needs, including supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed.
3. Assures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate; ensure that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
4. Meets on a regular basis with teachers, pediatricians, and parents to ensure consistency with evidence-based best practices.
5. Attends staff meetings and participates in ongoing professional development. Supports the Y Annual Campaign and other special events.
6. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions; develops and maintains collaborative relationships with staff, parents, caregivers and community organizations (e.g., state child care licensing agency, school administration) to maximize program impact and drive overall outcomes; maintains regular, clear and concise communication within area of responsibility.
7. Works collaboratively with the Y leadership team.
8. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness
to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.