In partnership with the Program Team and Operations Team, ensures the programs are operating at the highest level of excellence by incorporating character and leadership development through the Manito-wish collaborative leadership model. Works collaboratively to hire and train the best staff, implement program delivery and provide an overall participant and staff experience that embraces the Manito-wish Mission, Vision, and Commitment.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Successful experience supporting staff and the ability to lead collaborative teams
• Minimum one to three years of leading and supporting best practices of summer camp
• First Aid/CPR or greater certification or ability and willingness to obtain certification prior to June 1st
• Ability to work with others, adapt to fluid situations and be a servant leader
• Ability to travel to recruit participants and staff
• Proficiency in completing tasks via administrative functions such as Microsoft products etc.
• Preferred experience in overnight camping and our primary methods of wilderness tripping - canoeing, backpacking and sea kayaking
• Excellent communication skills to interface with our constituents such as campers, families, staff, etc.
• Preferred experience in staff hiring, training, supervision and evaluation
• Ability and current license to drive with a record that meets insurance and organizational expectations
In collaboration with the Camp Director, set direction and standards of excellence for program delivery under Summer Camp with the capability to support Leadership and Outpost Programming
• Coordinate with the hiring team to hire seasonal staff all positions
• In collaboration with the Camp Director, implement trainings, evaluate, and utilize outcome focused participant curriculum as related to assigned program areas
• Supervision of assigned seasonal staff teams • Coordinate aspects of programming in conjunction with the Camp Director • Collaborates with Camp Director for tracking assigned components of the annual budget including program purchases and inventory
• Build positive relationships, which leads to greater retention of staff and campers • Willing and able to uphold Camp’s Mission, Vision and Commitment Statements
• Commits to the highest standards of Child Abuse Prevention policies and practices directed by Camp Manito-wish YMCA • Implement Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives in support of organizational goals
• Hold 24-hour on call responsibilities in rotation and respond to emergencies as needed
• Positively represent camp within the YMCA, ACA, land agencies, and other appropriate partner organizations
• Live on-site and fulfill host duties as assigned
• Support front of the house dining services to ensure overall quality of meal service
• Collaborate with Health Services Team including Operations Director for seamless quality health care for campers and staff
• Fulfill other duties as assigned