Prospect Park Branch YMCA
Rocky Mount Family YMCA Inc.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Director of Development at the YMCA of Collier County serves on the CEO’s senior leadership team and provides strategic leadership in financial, relationship, and marketing development to advance the YMCAs mission through annual giving, government and foundation grants, community events and Y events. The Director of Development must develop an active engaged fundraising volunteer committee and assists the Executive Team in positioning the Y as a community convener and collaborator to address critical social issues.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred.
· YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
· Four or more years of professional experience with a background in fundraising in the YMCA or another non-profit preferred.
· Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles.
· Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential donors to understand the YMCA and how they contribute to the achievement of its mission.
· Knowledge of the media and its use in gaining exposure for YMCA events and programs.
· Foundation and government grant writing expertise.
· CFRE or equivalent preferred.
1. Develops organizational goals and strategic plans for fundraising, balancing long-term direction and short-term requirements. Manages resources and systems, including the financial development budget, needed to carry out the fundraising plans. Develops appropriate fundraising policies and procedures for the association.
2. Develops processes and is actively involved in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gift prospects. Maintains database resource file on top community leaders.
3. Directs and coordinates and (organizes if needed) YMCA of Collier County event campaigns, annual campaign, and fundraising special events.
4. Prepares, coordinates and follow-up on proposals for grants from government sources and private foundations.
5. Actively engages the volunteers in challenging conversations and decision making to advance the Y's impact when serving as the primary staff liaison to the Donor Relations Committee and other assigned committees as requested by CEO. Develops strategies to increase volunteer involvement at all levels of financial development.
6. Tracks all gifts and pledges by source and purpose and provides reports as needed.
7. Provides training in fundraising. Educates, motivates, and provides feedback to individuals related to best practices in the fundraising process.
8. Creates and implements effective communication strategies with compelling messages that inspire others to accomplish the mission and cause with maximum impact. Works with the Marketing and Membership Director to develop communication plans to ensure members, participants, and the community understand the case for support and recruitment of potential donors and volunteers.
9. Represents the CEO in the community as needed.
· Communication & Influence
· Program/Project Management