Welcome to the Y! You belong here!
The Training and Leadership Resource Director will support the First Coast YMCA operations leaders by incorporating systems and processes that ensure consistent onboarding, training and career development practices. The Director will oversee and uphold training consistent with and in compliance with the YMCA’s standards for operations that reflect our dedication to member and participant engagement and ensure unwavering adherence to safety standards.
1. A bachelor’s degree in education, human resources or business administration a master’s degree preferred.
2. At least 3 years of experience in a corporate training role or human resources with a strong emphasis on onboarding/training.
3. Training and Development or HR Certifications preferred.
4. Experience with HRIS and LMS and content creation software preferred.
5. Proven ability to lead by example and foster mentoring relationships.
6. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills.
7. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change.
· Standardize onboarding by creating an onboarding plan for new hires by job.
· Coordinate with all departments and schedule onboarding for newly hired leaders.
· Track adherence to onboarding plan to be sure all new hires are onboarded with consistency.
· Manage Pre-hire checklist ensuring the newly hired employee has access to all tools and systems on their first day.
Training Program Development and Execution
- Develop SME trainer programs and coach others involved in training efforts.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Manage the technology systems involved in the training process including YMCA Leadership University.
- Coordinate classes, location, and instructor availability for trainings.
- Collaborate with YMCA of the USA to offer training classes, host regional training events and meet their training standards.
- SME on YUSA Leadership Certification and navigating Leadership University.
- Increase the association’s Coaching Culture through training, feedback and accountability of leaders.
- Conduct follow-up surveys of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Plan and coordinate staff retreats for the association.
- Align Leadership Development effort to the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Plan, organize, facilitate and order supplies for employee training events.
- Develop and monitor spending against the departmental budget.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Work effectively as a team with other leaders and the human resources team.
Career Development Resource:
- Create interest in career progression within part time staff through individual meetings and on site informational sessions.
- Counsel all staff in developing and obtaining the skills that will allow them to progress in their careers at the Y.
- Create individual development plans and coordinate the training and mentorship that will support the plan.
- Track progression and effectiveness of career development activities and plans.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Developing Others: Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Communication: Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals.
Change Capacity: Creates a sense of urgency and a positive tension to support change.
Project Management: Ensures execution of plans.