Looking to make an impact in our community serving children? Then this position is for you. Be a part of serving 11,000+ meals a year.
- Under the direction of the Director of Community Outreach and Engagement or other assigned staff, the Food Service Coordinator will conduct affairs of food program development and distribution in compliance with all applicable policies and procedures developed by the YMCA of Indiana County and Department of Education, in accordance with YMCA of the USA mission and principles. This person will demonstrate a commitment to the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility. This position has the potential to grow significantly with the expansion of the progam.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or experience in the food service industry.
- Experience: A Serve Safe Certification is required within 60 days of hire; Experience in food prep and distribution;
- Experience working with underprivileged children and families, desired, but not required; Should be comfortable with
- public speaking and creating presentations
- Working Conditions: Moderate lifting and physical effort required for carrying/ transporting food, documents, and other materials
- Equipment Used: Computer, all kitchen equipment
- Ensure all At-risk sites are meeting all CACFP and SFSP regulations in accordance with the State of PA.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of all feeding programs.
- Responsible for processing CACFP and SFSP Paperwork monthly for proper reimbursement.
- Responsible for all ordering of supplies for CACFP and day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for monthly meal menus in accordance with CACFP guidelines for all childcare programs.
- Training and monitoring programs of all at-risk CACFP Program sites
- Operating the number of sites and programs necessary to meet the annual department goals.
- Maintains the highest level of safety in all activities.
- Represents the YMCA in a positive, professional manner always through adherence to the dress code and courtesy towards all members, guests, and staff.
- Establish and maintain collaborative and cooperative relationships with local government, schools, agencies, and other food service programs in the area.
- Develop yearly goals that will positively connect individuals with our YMCA and ensure that the program continues to grow and thrive.