Fond Du Lac Family YMCA
YMCA of Greater Louisville
YMCA of Greater Boston
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director and in accordance with Association policies, the Assistant Aquatics Director is responsible for leadership and advancement of the Aquatics Department at the Fort Meigs YMCA of Greater Toledo. This leader will assist the Director in overseeing the development and implementation of innovative curriculum and activities, supervising, guiding and developing staff to ensure that participant’s development occurs in a fun, healthy and safe environment, and ensuring program outcomes are consistently achieved.
The Assistant Aquatics Director must possess a minimum of 2 years of successful program development and management experience, certified Lifeguard with current BLS, First Aid, AED and O2 certificates, or the ability to receive certification in 90 days. Demonstrate proven ability to display initiative, good judgment and ability to make decisions independently. Assistant Aquatics Director should be able to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills; public speaking, capacity to prepare reports, and conduct in-service programs. The Assistant Director will possess competent computer skills in the Windows environment. The Assistant Director should be willing to learn the YMCA Reclique Core Program operating system and all other computer-based systems associated with YMCA programming and operations.
1. Ensures that daily care of members and families is a key priority through supervision of staff and volunteers in accordance with the organization’s policies, mission and applicable laws.
2. Responsibilities include assisting in training the Fort Meigs YMCAs lifeguards and swim instructors, planning, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
3. Assist in the implementation of aquatics staff in-service programs by providing direction, leadership, support, and efficiencies for team members through strategic planning, administrative standardizations, registration, quality standards, and risk management according to the YMCA of Greater Toledo’s Aquatics Standards.
4. Lifeguard as scheduled.
5. Assist in outdoor pool operations of the Perrysburg City Pool.
6. Assist in Aquatics Director in developing pool schedules for all Fort Meigs Branch pools.
7. Oversee YMCA progressive swim lessons, both group and private.
8. Teach swim lessons.
9. Assist in actively growing the YMCAs swim lesson program.
10. Actively utilize the Y Improvement Model to use strategies to improve the overall lifeguarding experience.
11. Collaborates with Branch staff to ensure excellence and consistency in service through daily care of members, program participants and volunteers.
12. Accountable to the Aquatics Director for execution of policies and procedures of the Association.
13. Requires flexible hours to work evenings and weekends based upon the needs of the YMCA.
14. All other duties assigned by the Aquatics Director.