Would you like to change lives by providing an amazing experience for every camper?
At Camp Seymour, you get to teach kids self-reliance, a love for nature and the outdoors, and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership – all amidst the fun of campfires, canoeing, archery, talent shows, and meaningful relationships.
If hired as a Challenge Course Specialist, you will supervise and maintain safe, enjoyable, age-appropriate challenge adventure programs and events. You will provide leadership, instruction and motivation for program participants on the challenge course.
- Promote a positive environment that fosters fun, safety and meaningful experiences for campers.
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities inside and outside of the cabin, participating 100% with activities; enjoy playing, and not "sit on the sidelines."
- Plan, organize, and facilitate all Challenge Course programming for Day Camp, Overnight Camp and visiting groups.
- Monitor Challenge Course equipment and supplies; repair and resupply as necessary.
- Assume on Duty responsibilities, run meal times, Line ups, make snack, lock up and other responsibilities as mutually agreed upon with a supervisor.
- Serve as a cabin counselor when coverage is needed.
*This is a Residential position that includes room and board.*
Starting Wage: $390 to $460 per week, depending on qualifications
Date of Employment: June 11th - August 23rd
Location: YMCA Camp Seymour, Gig Harbor, WA
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team! To apply visit our website at www.ymcapkc.org.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
- Commitment to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- One season or more of camp experience required.
- Challenge course experience (preferred).
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations
- Knowledge and skills in program activities and related equipment set-up, and the ability to instruct participants in age appropriate techniques.
- Preferred: ACCT II
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications.
- Able and willing to complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day, and other online and in-person training as required.